Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Blind Girlfriend:

I had a blind girlfriend she was intelligent, beautiful, stubborn, strong, sensitive and silent. She never saw me but always imagined me as a person. Her imagination was too good. However, describing her outside world was difficult for me. Touching each object was a mystery for her, since her need to imagine them in her mind. But she was quiet happy holding my hand and feeling secured. She looked great with her shades on, and nobody could imagine she was blind.

Her everyday statement was “My hands were the entire world for her.” However, it was very difficult for me to explain her world and its complicated objects. She used to ask me, how trees, flowers, grass, butterfly, and insects look like, while a visit to park. However, watching movies was quiet ok as it was an audio enjoyment for her. However, I was happy because I could understand the feeling of being sightless. Usually we see white can people banging there stick and pass away quietly.

She was quiet sharp at her daily routine. So after marriage it was little easy life. But what after babies come in to picture. That is a little difficult part; it is very difficult to handle a jumpy baby. Anyway I was thinking too long.

She could cleanly differentiate between my hand and a stranger’s hand; it was the only identification to recognize me along with my voice. Once we were dining in a restaurant, she was having difficulty serving herself. I kept two dishes at her right and others at her left and gave her the sequence and she was perfect serving herself, so it was not all about depending on me.

People and friends were always taunting me for being crazy living with a vision less person. So I invited few of them to her house for lunch and she was a perfect host with her glares on. Basically handicap people are not dependent, but they need to be exposed to normal people and they would far better than us.

It was time to give her a great gift on marriage day, and I donated my one eyesight to her and today she is working with a MNC as executive Manager. Well her early blindness and now her one sight has made her super women. Therefore, it was not her handicap but an extra power to be something different.

Now is not my blind girlfriend, but a visionary wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment